Monday, May 21, 2007


I have started developing the barcode-module for the report system in WebLibrarian. A day of researches in this area, showed that it is possible to do in less than one week. We have bought a scanner (on the picture – ScanPort T600), it is really cool device :) After I plugged it to computer, I scanned barcodes form some items in our department starting with some books and finishing with pack of paper tissues. It works perfectly. All that you need to do is to place cursor to any input field (the place there you can type using you keyboard), and then scan a barcode. The actual value which is hidden under barcode will appear in that input field. Main problems were how to generate barcodes and which one of a lot amount of specifications to select. Finally I decided to use Code128A algorithm and began creating .NET library. At the moment it is finished already, and can produce fine-quality barcodes :)

No comments: